Monday 24 October 2016

These Pumpkin Snickerdoodles Have The Sweetest Surprise Inside

"I hate surprises," say a lot of people; "I hate surprise-inside desserts," said no one ever. Unless you're averse to sweets (which I suspect you aren't because you're reading this), it's hard to dislike a cake filled with M&Ms, brownies stuffed with Nutella, or a cookie filled with cheesecake…


Sorry! I ruined the pumpkin snickerdoodle surprise. It's kind of hard not to when you realize that there's cheesecake filling hiding inside those cookies. The level of excitement is too high.




Before we talk cheesecake, let's discuss cookies. The pumpkin taste is super subtle. I was a bit gun shy with the amount of purée because I like my cookies nice and chewy, and too much pumpkin makes for cakier cookies. If you want a stronger pumpkin taste (which many of my coworkers did), I would bump the amount of pumpkin from a third cup to a half cup.


The sneaky center of each cookie is simply a mix of cream cheese, sugar and vanilla—not actual cheesecake. Rest assured, the full effect of a big 'ole slice is there. After chilling the mixture in the fridge to firm up, I spooned about a teaspoon of the filling into the pumpkin cookie dough. If you're a cheesecake lover, double that. Really, you can't go wrong.


http://www.onlinenewspaper.co.in/2016/10/24/pumpkin-snickerdoodles-sweetest-surprise-inside/

No comments:

Post a Comment